Last night I took part in a milestone in Philippine music history.

08 March 2009

Saturday of March 7, 2009 was one of the most awesome Saturdays EVER. All hail to Eraserheads! I love Chito Miranda but I've got to give it to Ely Buendia, you totally rock! You are a genius, and I love you. Raimund Marasigan, Marcus Adoro, and Buddy Zabala, I love you.

I was waiting for this event for weeks, and I am just so happy I was able to go. I went with my soul sister/ co-editor in chief/ co-publisher Ana and my brother Ken.


I am glad I was one of the sea of people who trooped to SM Mall of Asia just to take part in this never-to-be-repeated event in music history.

Last night, under the inky black sky, under the moon and the stars, together with the other 99,999 people (assuming that the event's "10 million fans, only 100,000 will see" tag line is accurate) who came to see Eraserheads' final set, I was blown away.

I grew up listening to their songs and I am just thankful for the chance to see them perform live, for the last time.

Ely singing "Kailan" accompanied only with a piano was indeed heartbreaking, poignant, enigmatic. I caught my breath, I was mesmerized.

Electrifying. Overwhelming. Orgasmic. Words are not enough to describe it.

I took videos and pictures but I would have to post them on Tuesday because I would go back to the apartment in a few hours. More comprehensive post when I finally post them.

Truly, it was a night worth remembering. A milestone, if you may. And I am glad I was part of it.

Thank you Eraserheads, for your contribution to OPM. Can I just say again that I love you?

And to Francis Magalona, I love you and I admire you greatly. You will be sorely missed, but your legacy will live on through your music.

I am still overwhelmed.

4 comments

  1. Amazing. Doesnt watching your favorite artists and screaming your heart out cheer up your week almost instantly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I still have Eheads hangover Ö

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Eheads. They're the only band I would come to see if they have a gig in Cebu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are awesome! I am waiting for the DVD so I can relive the experience over and over again Ü

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten up my day! Thank you for leaving kind words!