Shopping is my only vice.

03 November 2009

"That moment. That instant when your fingers curl round the handles of a shiny, uncreased bag - and all the gorgeous new things inside it become yours. What's it like? It's like going hungry for days, then cramming your mouth full of warm buttered toast. It's like waking up and realizing it's the weekend. It's like the better moments of sex. Everything else is blocked out of your mind. It's pure, selfish pleasure."
- Rebecca Bloomwood
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella


And all I can do is nod and agree.

For today's My 30 Days of Beautiful Things I will share my hauls for the month of October. I should have posted them on the last day of last month but I slept over at Sasha's house and I didn't have Lady Fabrize with me.

This post is kinda picture heavy so please bear with me :)


From National Bookstore - SM Fairview
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and The Book Lovers' Appreciation Society by various authors including Sophie Kinsella, Cecelia Ahern, Maeve Binchy, and many others



Garterized headband with sparkly stones and black crystals
Bought by my Mom



Here's a photo of me wearing the headband


A dress from Ana's online shop
I haven't worn this yet, I'm still waiting for the right occasion :)


Another dress from Ana's online shop
This is so pretty :)


A photo of me wearing the dress. I felt like I was wearing marshmallows :)


from Watson's
Nichido Liquid Eyeliner in Black and Nichido Cheek Mousse in Plum Brulee


NYX Round Lipsticks from Kay's blog sale
I also bought The Face Shop Easy Brush Eyeliner in Black from her but my friend Sasha requested to buy it from me


NYX Round Lipsticks in Cream and Mute


Photo of me after I put on the Nichido Liquid Eyeliner in Black, Nichido Cheek Mousse in Plum Brulee, and NYX Round Lipstick in Cream. I did not use a foundation because I haven't discovered the power of foundations at this time :D

I think this is a good no makeup-makeup look.


Black and white patterned dress, worn here

I got this from eBay, brand new :)


Black corset from I Love Cocco

I bought this using my 20% discount coupon from my Belle de Jour Power Planner 2009. Ü


Photo of the back part of the corset, ties with ribbons
This spells SEXY :D


Cyleina products from Hazel
Black pearl soaps, Rice Bran soap, Grapeseed Extract soap and Peruvian Cacao body butter
I got the Grapeseed oil as a freebie :)


Beige jelly flats with red hearts, worn here

I got this from Multiply, preowned but brand new :)


Lady Fabrize, my Lenovo Ideapad S10-2
I got it from Datacore Computer Systems in VMall, Greenhills Shopping Center


From SM North EDSA's Health and Beauty Section
Schick Silk Effects, petroleum jelly, some lip brushes, and pots for depotting lipsticks


From Watson's
 Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Healthy Natural Liquid Foundation in W02 Natural Buff and elf Candy Shop Lip Gloss in Cherry Bomb


A photo of me wearing the Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Healthy Natural Liquid Foundation
I don't need coverage that much but this foundation definitely made my skin look healthier :)



A very pretty hot pink faux croc skin handbag given by Sasha
Look at the stiletto clasp, they're so cute! Ü


A very pretty IdeaStyle laptop bag
Just perfect for Lady Fabrize :)

Ellana Minerals. I think I've found the perfect products for me :)

Premium Blend Mineral Foundation in Cafe Mocha,  Lip Treatment in Strawberry Fresh, Blush in Happiness and lots of samples

I got them from Ellana Minerals' showroom in West Avenue, Quezon City
Thanks Cha for the directions! :)



A photo of me with the Premium Blend Mineral Foundation in Cafe Mocha
Looks very natural. I cannot decide which I like more, my Maybelline Liquid Foundation or this one? :D

Oops. That's a LOT of beautiful things, don't you think so?

I have always believed that real beauty comes from within, but sometimes a little help from beauty products and the like (i.e. pretty clothes) can go a long way. I have said before that I am totally clueless when it comes to makeup, but now I can proudly and happily say that I am learning. You may have noticed that I have bought more than a couple of beauty stuff the previous month. It's because I want to experiment on what looks suitable for me. :)

Having said that. I know now I really need to learn how to control my spending, for over-consumerism is no longer a beautiful thing, yes? Besides, it'll be Christmas soon, and I would really like to get special treats for everyone on my list! Shopping for one's self is enjoyable and therapeutic, but shopping for someone else? Now that's something even more beautiful ;)

*This is my 3rd of 30 posts for the 30-Day Blog Challenge.

13 comments

  1. haha
    lol at the title!

    how true!
    i think this is something we all share as a beauty blogger,right?

    love that corset!
    it's so sexy
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow at the haul! the corsets look killer, i've always wanted to get one for myself. also love the shoes, and the ellana makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am in love with the hot pink, white, and black dress! very hot, hope u get to wear it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute pink bag :)

    thanks for joining the game! please notify me if you've posted your entry so I can read it and add you to my blogroll!

    loves

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the black n white dress and the marshmallow dress ^^ lol cute stuff! :)
    p.s. thanks for following
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats awesome im happy you like to wear makeup now, also im happy that your having fun with your new netbook. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love maybelline's clear smooth minerals too sis! :D
    dami mo binili! haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Thiamere: I don't drink and I don't smoke so shopping is literally my only vice. Much more healthy, yes? :D That corset is love-at-first-sight. When I saw it worn by the mannequin at I Love Cocco's display window I just knew I had to have it :D

    @ Ida: Go get one! It's original price is 699.75php, but because of my 20% discount voucher from BDJ I got it for only 559.80php. Not bad, eh? :D

    @ Eugenia: Thank you! I'm just waiting for the right occasion. Christmas is coming so I'm looking forward to a lot of Christmas parties and get-togethers :)

    @ Toothfairy: Thank you! I will start on the first Sunday of December since the first Sunday of the month has already passed :)

    @ Manju: Thank you! I just love wearing dresses :)

    @ Annie Marie: Thank you, you're so sweet :)

    @ Joyce: Haha I really wasn't supposed to buy that but I was convinced when the Maybelline lady applied it on me. I loved it! :) Oo nga ang dami, I should learn to control myself! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! You are a serious shopper! I can never imagine buying that much stuff. Haha but I probably do and I'm just a bit scared to list them. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Meream: Now that I think about it, I did get a lot of stuff last month x_x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use some of those too Krissy! Been using Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals for almost a year now and Ellana prods for a few months. I use the White Choc HD powder, French Vanilla Latte foundie and the Lust blusher. The HD powder's great, you gotta try it! :)

    And oh, super congrats about Lady Fabrize. She's a beauty, can't wait to see her all glammed up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Rej! Oh I also have the Lust blush! :D I am now an advocate of mineral makeup! And now I have taken to being a reseller, next time you run out of them, order from me, will you? :D

    I really, really want to have Lady Fabrize skinned. I saw lots of Multiply sellers selling skins but I don't know how to apply it x_x I gotta check the one in SM North EDSA's Cyberzone, I didn't see it the last time I was there :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is a lot of cute stuff! I love the hartshoes!!

    Of course I agree with beuaty comes from within. Still, If you are a 300 pound woman with one eyebrow and a mustache - some beauty products can't hurt! lol

    xoxo
    Carina Blogarina

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten up my day! Thank you for leaving kind words!